- To provide a national forum for discussions relating to children and disability
- To promote the participation of disabled children and their families in all decision making about their lives
- To contribute to the development of policy and practice in central and local government
- To raise awareness of the needs of disabled children and their families.
Services provided are for England and Northern Ireland.
- Identifying and disseminating information on current policy and practice, research and training
- Advising and working with government and local authority departments, health authorities and NHS trusts, schools and voluntary organisations
- Responding to new directions in the development of services and legislation
- Advising on gaps and overlaps in service provision and encouraging inter-agency working.
Membership is drawn from a wide range of professional, voluntary and statutory organisations, with representatives of parents and disabled people.
8 Wakley Street