Connect is a national charity which works to promote effective services, new opportunities and a better quality of life for people living with aphasia (communication disability).
They aim to: equip people living with aphasia to reconnect with life again; improve services and increase opportunities available for people living with aphasia by changing attitudes and practices in service provision; increase the ways in which people living with aphasia can be involved in the services and opportunities available to them.
- Implement long-term support services
- Produce publications and resources for people with aphasia
- Provide training and consultancy to providers in health and social care, leisure, education, public services and the voluntary sector
- Provide a counselling service
- Carry out research.
Members and service users of Connect may require communication support to:
- understand written language
- understand spoken language
- express themselves
- interact with others.
St Alphege Hall
King's Bench Street