To help parents actively meet their responsibilities so all children receive the right maintenance.
The Child Maintenance Service is for when you and the other parent can’t agree to a family-based arrangement.
The Child Maintenance Service can:
- try to find the other parent if you don’t know where they live, to sort out child maintenance
- sort out disagreements about parentage
- work out how much child maintenance should be paid
- arrange for the ‘paying’ parent to pay child maintenance – the parent who doesn’t have main day-to-day care of the child
- pass payments on to the ‘receiving’ parent – the parent who has main day-to-day care of the child
- look at the payments again when changes in parents’ circumstances are reported
- review the payment amount every year
- take action if payments aren’t made
On 30 June 2014 the Child Maintenance Service introduced application fees and enforcement charges. From 11 August, if you decide to use the Collect and Pay service, you’ll also have to pay fees for collecting and paying out child maintenance.
You won’t have to pay any fees if you choose a family-based arrangement.
You won’t have to pay collection fees if:
- you choose Direct Pay where you make your own payment arrangements
- your case is handled by the Child Support Agency (CSA)
To discuss child maintenance options telephone 0800 0835 130 between 8.00am and 8.00pm Monday – Friday or on a Saturday between 9.00am – 4.00pm.
CSA Child Maintenance Arrangements:
The CSA only handles existing cases. New applications are dealt with by the Child Maintenance Service.
Child maintenance arrangements made through the CSA will be ending between now and 2017.
To contact the office in Falkirk telephone 0345 609 0042
Phone lines are open from 8.00am – 8.00pm, Monday to Friday and on a Saturday from 9.00am – 5.00pm.
Link to contacts page:
Child Support Agency 3
Mail Handling Site A
Phone: 0345 609 0042
Minicom: 0345 713 6804 Textphone
Fax: 0845 713 6134