To improve the standards of care for people with respiratory disease.
- Operate as a professional medical society, they serve a broad membership base of health professionals. They are not a patient information service but refer queries to colleagues in the British Lung Foundation and Asthma UK etc
- Organise regular scientific meetings
- Develop and maintain high standards of continuing medical education for consultants and others in related specialties and professions
- Promote clinical research, educational and organisational links between the specialty and other specialties, the Royal Colleges and other representative bodies
- Advise and contribute to the education of trainees in respiratory medicine
- Collect information with others as appropriate, for the planning and monitoring of the medical workforce in the specialty, which helps to assist the relevant Committees in the United Kingdom in their assessment of educational posts and advice to Postgraduate Deans on training and trainees.
Monday – Thursday, 9.00am – 5.00pm
Friday, 9.00am – 4.00pm.
17 Doughty Street