- To initiate and support research into stammering
- To identify and promote effective therapies
- To offer support for all whose lives are affected by stammering
- To promote awareness of stammering.
- Runs free information service for people who stammer and their relatives throughout the United Kingdom
- Provides specialist information on stammering for health professionals, teachers and employers
- Supports a network of local self-help groups
- Maintains a UK-wide database of specialist speech and language therapists and self-help provision
- Runs a confidential telephone helpline service
- Organises conferences, workshops and open days
- Operates a postal lending library service of books, tapes and videos.
Several local self-help groups are located around the United Kingdom, contact the organisation for further details.
15 Old Ford Road