- To help those who are addicted to benzodiazepine tranquillisers and sleeping pills, and drugs with similar effects, and who wish to withdraw from them, to do so as comfortably as possible, and to help them to make the changes necessary in life after withdrawal.
- To educate and inform all those who may come across the problem of Benzodiazepine and Z drug addiction, either personally or professionally, towards an understanding of the difficulties caused by the drugs’ action and the compounding of these difficulties in withdrawal.
- To influence services in their prescribing, managing and supporting of clients who take / want to withdraw from benzodiazepines and similar drugs.
- Battle Against Tranquillisers offers a range of support and educational services. These are available to users of tranquillisers and sleeping pills and to health professionals, voluntary organisations and all those who have an interest in the subject.
- National help line is available seven days a week. It is completely confidential and callers will able to talk to someone who has considerable knowledge of the subject from personal experience.
The office is not manned every day, so please call or email first.
The helpline can be accessed from 9.00am – 8.00pm seven days a week.
Callers are advised to leave a message and will be called back.
Coniston Community Centre