To ensure that adequate advice, information and support are available to disabled people so that they may feel confident to undertake the complexities of using direct payments to manage their own care and support needs.
- Initial visit (prior to community care assessment if required)
- General advice and information regarding direct payments
- Support setting up and managing the direct payment
- Benefits advice every Thursday morning
- Initial assistance with financial monitoring forms
- Assistance with administration and record keeping
- Assistance with recruitment advertising, interviewing, etc.
- Arranging Disclosure Scotland checks
- Assistance drawing up a job description
- Sample contracts of employment
- Good employment practice
- Legal responsibilities
- Peer support
- Training e.g. employment law, health and safety, managing staff
- Advice on employer / employee relationships
- Day to day queries
- Payroll service
- Support schemes.
Dundee Carers Centre
132 - 134 Seagate