- To seek the release of all prisoners of conscience as long as they have not used or encouraged violence
- To work for fair and prompt trials for all political prisoners
- To end extrajudicial executions and disappearances.
- Amnesty works against abuse by opposition groups such as hostage taking, torture and killing prisoners and other arbitrary killings
- For asylum seekers who are at risk of being returned to a country where they might be held as prisoners of conscience, suffer torture or execution, or ‘disappear’.
Scotland office can be contacted at:-
MWB Business Exchange
9-10 St Andrew’s Square
Edinburgh EH2 2AF
Tel: 0131 718 6076 (main switchboard)
Monday – Friday, 9.00am – 5.00pm.
The Human Rights Action Centre
17-25 New Inn Yard