The UCL Ear Institute and Action on Hearing Loss Library (formerly known as RNIB Library) is the largest library in Europe that specialises in deafness and hearing loss. Anyone can use the library and books can be borrowed through the inter-library lending scheme.
The library has a varied collection of historical material and a wide range of information including:
- journals, textbooks and research reports on deafness and audiology
- books and magazines about sign language and the deaf community
- biographies of deaf people and novels with deaf characters
- children’s books on related topics.
Other facilities include:
- free reading lists
- free access to MEDLINE and other databases
- photocopying facilities
- photocopies by post.
The RNID also provides care services, communication services, rights and welfare advice, employment advice, Typetalk, Helplines, Help with equipment as well as training and courses
- Monday – 9:00 to 7:00
- Tuesday – 9:00 to 7:00
- Wednesday – 9:00 to 5:30
- Thursday – 9:00 to 5:30
- Friday – 9:00 to 5:30
- Saturday – closed
- Sunday – closed
UCL Ear Institute & Action on Hearing Loss Library
330 - 336 Gray's Inn Road
Phone: 020 3456 5253
Minicom: 020 3456 5253 (Text)