Action on Disability and Work UK’s vision is of a world where the talents and skills of disabled people are recognised in the workplace.
Action on Disability and Work’s aims are to:
- Provide quality advice and peer support to disabled people on work-related issues.
- Be led by disabled people, to promote the social model of disability, to positively employ disabled people wherever possible, and to practice what we preach.
- Support disabled individuals in the next stage of their career development, including obtaining paid work.
- Work with DPULOs to deliver our advice and peer support service across the country.
- Champion disabled people’s career opportunities in employment, self-employment, running social enterprises and in other ways.
- Provide practical consultancy and training to employers, service providers and support organisations that improve the lives of disabled people as workers and customers.
- Advocate and campaign for improved national and locally-set public policies that affect disabled people’s working lives.
- Work in partnership with DPULOs and others to address holistically the barriers that limit disabled people’s work opportunities.
The Vassall Centre
Last updated: June 9, 2020 1:38 pm