Action for blind people has now merged with rnib
To inspire, change and create opportunities to enable blind and partially sighted people to have equal voice and equal choice.
- Provide information, general advice and welfare rights advice; mobile sight loss information service which travels throughout the UK
- Financial help can be given – grants for holidays or equipment
- Adapted housing is available to suit different needs in London and Surrey
- Your Choice service, supporting blind and partially sighted people in the home environment of their choice
- Supported factories based in London and Norwich
- Visual awareness training
- Sports development, including Actionnaires after school sports clubs
- Provide employment training, advice and support for employers, business support for self-employment and employment and training in supported businesses
- Manage four specially adapted hotels for visually impaired people, their family, friends and carers.
Employment Development Teams are situated in Liverpool, Carlisle, Birmingham, Exeter, Middlesborough, Preston, Greater Manchester and South London.
53 Sandgate Street
Last updated: July 1, 2020 4:26 pm