The project aims to encourage new and non confident users, specifically in the 50 age group, to learn basic computer skills, Internet access and email thus broadening education, offer other leisure interests and find information on many issues and topics.
Moose in the Hoose Project:
Moose in the Hoose is an ACE IT outreach project which uses specially trained volunteers to go into care homes in Edinburgh to help residents keep in touch with friends and family by using Skype, email and the Internet.
The aims of the Moose in the Hoose project are:
• To provide older people living in care homes in Edinburgh with long term, sustainable access to information technology.
• Use the time, skills and commitment of volunteers to provide this access.
• Assist care homes to provide an environment where digital communication and information technology are readily accessible and well supported.
• To reduce social isolation and loneliness among older people by promoting the social aspect of the project and the friendship between volunteers and residents.
• Promote equality by including all older people regardless of ethnic group, sexual orientation or disability.
Contact: Terry Blair on 0131 477 3883 or email Terry via Terry@aceit.org.uk
44 Hanover Street
Last updated: June 9, 2020 1:38 pm