North East Scotland College Access Centre is part of a network of specialist centres in further and higher education. We seek to support and empower students with physical disabilities, sensory impairment and specific learning difficulties including dyslexia.
The ACCESS Centre is an assessment, support and training centre for students with specific learning difficulties, sensory impairment, physical disabilities and/or health problems.
It is located in the south block of the Gallowgate Centre in room SG9.
This facility is not only available for students attending North East Scotland College but also for people attending other colleges, universities and organisations.
The Access Centre offers the following assessment, support and training:
Assessment of needs
- With applications for the Disabled Students’ Allowance
- To assist with course choice
- To allow individuals to evaluate different enabling technologies and help them decide on the most suitable type for them
Support and training
- On-going support provided on individual courses
- Special courses for those with additional learning requirements
- Training available in the use of enabling technology
Various full and part time courses of study are offered through the Student Development & Access Centre.
ACCESS Centre Manager
Phone: 01224 612 164
Last updated: July 1, 2020 4:26 pm