What can I do if I feel that I have been discriminated against?

The Equality Act 2010 legally protects people from discrimination at work and in wider society. You are disabled under the Act if you have a physical or mental impairment that has a substantial and long-term negative effect on your ability to do normal daily activities. There is detailed guidance here  Equality Act Guidance.

If you feel you have been treated unfairly there a number of steps that you can take. You can speak to an advisor at an advice agency such as your local citizens advice bureau or you can call the Equality Advice Support Service (EASS) who can help people with equality and human rights issues.

If you need employment advice, ACAS provide free and impartial information and advice to employers and employees about employment law. You should always get advice before discussing your problem with your employer.  You can call their helpline on 0300 123 1100.


Back to top