Brittle Bone Society
Support organisation for people with brittle bones and their families
To promote research into the causes and treatment of brittle bone diseases Osteogenesis Imperfecta (OI) and to provide practical support, advice and encouragement to patients and their relatives.
- Supplies or identifies alternative sources of accurate information on medical conditions associated with the condition
- Can provide financial help for specialist equipment and aids or can provide short to medium term loan of specialist equipment and aids
- Promotes awareness of OI among Healthcare and Social Work professionals
- Organises an annual members' conference, while regional meetings are held on a regular basis throughout the UK
- Supports medical professionals who understand that brittle bone children need specialised equipment for their special needs
- Encourages affected families to get in contact with each other in order to share ideas on how best to cope
- Provides an advice service on all matters pertaining to the disease.
Monday - Friday, 9.00am - 4.30pm.
30 Guthrie Street
Record last updated: 25th Jan 2017