Cancer Support Scotland (Tak Tent)
Support group for cancer patients, their families and friends
- To promote the care of cancer patients, their family and friends, people who have been bereaved and the staff involved in cancer care, by providing practical and emotional support to all
- To encourage cancer patients and their families and friends to share common experiences with others
- To listen to and respond appropriately to the needs of individuals.
- Offers counselling free of charge
- Offers complementary therapies
- Reaches out to 16 to 25 year olds through a youth project (Contak) which offers help in one-to-one and group sessions
- Provides monthly contact in informal, community-based local groups of cancer patients, family and friends
- Medical and Nursing Advisory Groups who advise staff and volunteers.
Contact organisation for further details.
Calman Cancer Support Centre
75 Shelley Road
Record last updated: 9th Nov 2016