Health and Safety Executive
Ensure that people's health and safety work risks are controlled
To ensure that risks to people's health and safety from work activities are properly controlled.
- Infoline (information service) can be contacted via telephone, email, fax or letter
- Inspect workplaces
- Investigate accidents and cases of ill health
- Enforce good standards, usually by advising people how to comply with the law, but sometimes by ordering them to make improvements and if necessary by prosecuting them
- Publish guidance and advice
- Provide an information service
- Carry out research
- Carry out various activities such as nuclear site licensing and accepting off shore installation safety cases.
Infoline can be accessed Monday - Friday, 8am - 6pm.
There are Scottish offices in Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Glasgow and Inverness.
Record last updated: 12th May 2017