Falkirk and District Association for Mental Health
Help and support people experiencing mental health problems
FDAMH's mission is to assist people to recover from mental health problems and to promote mental wellbeing. They do so by offering a range of services that aim to empower individuals to lead a fulfilling and participative life: they provide education and support for their carers and are committed to bringing people together from across the local community.
- Drop in Centre
- Befriending Service - one to one and group befriending
- Counselling Service - one to one counselling
- Social Prescribing - help for those who have become isolated
- Family and Carers Support - training and support groups for those caring for someone with, or recovering from mental health problems
- Immediate Help Service - call or pop in during opening hours to gain access to an experienced member of staff without and appointment
- Support Groups e.g. Bereaved by Suicide Group
- Activity Groups eg. Women's Group, Media Group, Crafts and Yoga
- Training Academy – on the subject of mental health and wellbeing
Monday - Thursday, 9.00am - 5.00pm
Wednesday - staff training from 3.00pm - 4.00pm
Friday, 9.00am - 4.00pm
Friday, staff training between 3.00pm - 4.00pm
Drop in Hours
Monday - Wednesday, 10.00am - 4.00pm
Friday, 10.00am - 3.00pm.
Most services are available through self referral. A referral from health / social work is required for access to the Befriending Service or to the Link Service.
173 Victoria Road
Record last updated: 16th Aug 2017