Be part of Luminate 2017!
October 2017 will once again see an innovative and vibrant nationwide programme offering a wealth of creative experiences that prove that creativity has no age. Organisations, groups and individuals are now invited to put an event forward to be a part of this year’s festival. It is a chance to celebrate creativity, share stories, and to explore what ageing means to all of us, providing a national platform for local creative activities by, with and for older people in Scotland.
The 2016 festival included an enormous range of creative events for older audiences all across Scotland, from workshops in care homes to performances in professional arts venues, and from exhibitions of artwork by older community members to creative activities that brought the generations together. The festival worked in cities, towns and rural communities across Scotland.
Previous festivals have included:
- Creative activities and performances in care settings or for older people’s social groups
- Exhibitions and performances of work by older artists, both amateur and professional
- Arts projects bringing together the generations, giving older and younger people the chance to take part as equal partners
- Special offers for older people, for example theatre ticket deals including the chance to meet and have a cup of tea together afterwards
- Plays, poetry readings and film screenings that feature stories of ageing
The deadline for proposals this year is 5 pm on Friday 30th June for inclusion in the brochure, and 5pm on Friday 4th August for inclusion online only. To find out more about Luminate and to apply online, visit http://www.luminatescotland.org/luminate-proposal
For any additional information, or to request a hard copy of the application form, contact them by phone on 0131 668 8066 or email email@example.com.