Employment & Support Allowance: New claims
8. Activities & Descriptors for Work Related Activity Test
9. Work Related Activity Test- Exceptional circumstances
11. The decision
12. Where can I get further help?
13. Useful contacts
9. Work Related Activity Test-Exceptional circumstances
You can be automatically treated as having a limited capability for work-related activity (support group) if you are:
1. suffering from a progressive disease and consequently your death can reasonably be expected within six months.
2. receiving treatment by way of chemotherapy or radiotherapy (or are likely to receive such treatment within six months), or you are recovering from that treatment and the DWP is satisfied that you have a limited capability for work-related activity.
3. suffering from some specific disease or bodily or mental disablement and consequently there would be a substantial risk to the mental or physical health of any person if you were found not to have a limited capability for work-related activity.
4. pregnant and there would be a serious risk to the health of you or your child if you did not refrain from work-related activity.