Disabled Home Adaptations


If you own your home

  • Money to carry out major adaptations might be available from your local authority (Council).
  • They will decide, after an assessment of your needs, if the changes needed to your home meet the conditions

Local councils now provide help under the Scheme of Assistance. The help could be:

  • information, advice, guidance or practical help
  • or through financial help, like grants or loans.

To find out more about the Scheme of Assistance in your area contact your local council.