Disabled Home Adaptations

2. Where do I start?

  • It depends who owns your home
  • In most cases, as a starting point you should contact your local council and ask for an Assessment of Need, which is usually done by Occupational Therapist (O.T.).
  • You will only be considered for financial help if the assessment decides that the work needed is essential.

For further information see our information guide on An Assessment of Needs