How can I get a disabled parking space outside my house?

To get a disabled parking space outside of your house, you should contact your local council to apply for a disabled parking space. They will conduct an assessment which may incur a cost.

To apply, you must meet the following conditions:

  • have a valid and current blue badge
  • either be the driver of the vehicle or be assisted by a carer who is the driver, provided that the carer lives at the address stated
  • the vehicle must be kept at the address stated in the application form
  • there is normally difficulty in obtaining a parking space on the public road.

Bear in mind that the space can be used by anyone with a disabled parking blue badge and cannot be reserved for the sole use of the applicant.

For further information or help searching for your local council’s contact number then please contact our helpline on 0300 323 9961.

For more information on getting a blue badge, check out our Blue Badges Information Guide.

//global site tag